The project will study the implementation and validation of shared STEP databases which are required for concurrent engineering applications. It is based on the user requirements derived during the pilot phase of the AIT Initiative (EP 7704). The objects of RISESTEP are
- to identify the types and key features of CIME information to be distributed,
- to specify and develop the distributed architecture required to communicate this information throughout the extended enterprise,
- to communicate as extensively as possible with other ESPRIT projects, standards bodies and companies outside the consortium.
Demonstrators will be based on the development of different types of enterprise information distribution architectures.
The expected results for the IT-users are:
- faster implementation of open standardised modules of the Technical Information System,
- definition of methodologies and guidelines for introducing these new applicative software components which will change methods of team-working.
The expected results for the IT-vendors are:
- definition of user-requirements and implementation of new products answering the needs of standard information sharing between partners or between main contractor and suppliers,
- more efficient evaluation of their pre- operational software products.
Funding SchemeCSC - Cost-sharing contracts
91961 Les Ulis
CV34 6RG Warwick