The NANOTIME project relies on a bipolar competence: that of a recognised research laboratory (founded in 1968); and that of a high level engineering institute (founded in 1894).
Moreover, the research field targeted "terahertz imaging" involves multidisci plinary issues such as materials sciences and nanotechnologies, electromagnetics or electronic circuits design, astronomy (in the planet atmospheres or interstellar matter areas), environment on both pollution and climate contexts, energy in the renewable sources area (plasma diagnoses for atomic fusion), transportation (air and marine navigation), security of the civilians (in the concealed weapons or fraud products or fire alarm areas), vegetal (leaf degradation) or animal (food quality) or human disease (tooth decay) diagnoses, as well.
We are proposing a monosite project that also involves interrelated groups to form an excellence pole. The core of it will be located at Supélec (École supérieure d'électricité), which is a leading engineering institute having a very special position due to its private status and its privileged links with public education and research entities. Supélec hosts the LGEP (Paris Electrical Engineering Laboratory), which is leading the project.
To NANOTIME other research groups will be implied, as well as the SME SATIMO whose competence relies on electromagnetic characterization. What does bring this project, to the level of a comprehensive training project, is Supélec's belonging to the TIME association that includes Supélec with 40 other higher education European institutions, to promote collaboration in training and research.
The NANOTIME pole aims at
- creating an 'Ile-de-France' competence devoted to the training of young scientists in a hot topic research field,
- developing a scientific breeding ground to preserve a know-how acquired by the actors of the project for a long period of time and
- preventing the brain drain from Europe to other locations in the World.
Field of science
- /engineering and technology/materials engineering/coating and films
- /natural sciences/physical sciences/astronomy
- /engineering and technology/electrical engineering, electronic engineering, information engineering/electrical engineering
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call