This project demonstrates the application IT Tools and Methodologies for the re-engineering of the bid-to-manufacture process in manufacturing SMEs who are suppliers to the aerospace, automotive and defence industries. Such SMEs would typically be in a make-to-drawing specification environment.
The objectives of the project are:
- to demonstrate the impact and benefits of the use of IT Tools to improve and audit the effectiveness of the bid-to-manufacture process.
- to disseminate and exploit the results of the project on a Europe-wide basis using industrial partners and regional technology transfer organizations.
- to evaluate and assess the IT tools and the implementation using the ITAQUA methodology.
The Demonstrator will include customer management, cost estimating and process planning, document management, ISO 9000 best practice and self-audit. This demonstrator is based in the following RTD projects:
- EUREKA Famos Project EU630 (QMS - Quality Management Information System)
- CRAFT Project CR-1097-91 (PIQPAC - Paperless ISO9000 Compatible Quality and Production Control System)
- ESPRIT Project 6572 (ITAQUA - Information Technology applied to Quality)
The consortium will develop the work undertaken by the Quality IT Working Group EP9812 and contribute directly to the Working Group's objectives.
The project consists of three main phases:
- implementation and documentation of projects in the industrial partners.
- dissemination of case study reference results through public seminars, workshops and conferences with the industrial papers and a multi-media demonstration pack.
- exploitation through regional technology transfer organisations, distribution channels and direct sales.
Funding SchemeDEM - Demonstration contracts
B7 4EJ Birmingham
BB11 1PN Burnley