The project has two objectives:
- Development of a model that produces a long-term outlook of energy demand and supply and emissions of greenhouse gases and air pollutants in Cyprus, and assesses energy policy options with regard to their energy, environmental, welfare and distributional impacts; and
- Redesign and refinement of an energy-economy-environment model for policy analyses in the transportation sector in the EU, and its application to Cyprus.
The proposed work is essentially interdisciplinary, involving energy and transport policy and economics and engineering knowledge of technologies and their limitations. It fills a major gap in Cyprus, where no long-term energy/transport modelling activity exists, and continues a significant EU transport modelling work.
The host institution, and especially the project coordinator, has an extensive research record in consumer demand analysis, econometrics and welfare economics, so that this expertise will be particularly beneficial for the researcher's training in these fields and in his overall career development.
The proposal addresses major objectives of Marie Curie actions: transfer of knowledge to a candidate country in order to strengthen its involvement in Community research, and increased cooperation between research disciplines. As for the researcher, the objectives of the proposal match exactly his current profile and are expected to substantially strengthen his independence and skills in engineering-economic modelling.
The proposal contribute s to several objectives of the European Research Area: it supports research in policy issues of a new EU Member State, addresses the international dimension of European research, is in line with major Community policy objectives in energy, transport and sustainable development, and produces synergies with ongoing projects in Cyprus.
Fields of science
- social sciencessocial and economic geographytransport
- social sciencesother social sciencessocial sciences interdisciplinarysustainable development
- social scienceseconomics and businesseconomicseconometrics
- engineering and technologyenvironmental engineeringenergy and fuels
- engineering and technologyenvironmental engineeringair pollution engineering
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call