The objective of this project is to improve productivity in the heavy engineering and construction site industries by the application of IT techniques to the monitoring and control of all aspects of the production process. The system to be developed will address the specific characteristics of the industry, ie "one of a kind" construction, complexity, parallel design, procurement and construction, dependency on a large number of suppliers and subcontractors, and construction sites remote from pre-production assembly areas and workshops.
ROCOCO aims to:
- generate reference models for all aspects of the production processes which clearly define the principal data flows and decision-making processes
- identify new techniques for the rapid feedback and processing of real-time data from the production process; advanced techniques for the capture, transfer analysis and visualisation of data will be evaluated in a number of pilot applications
- investigate the application of KBS techniques to dynamic resource scheduling; this will facilitate the introduction of just-in-time material and component flow
- implement the most promising techniques in a real-time manufacturing environment, selected to provide maximum scope in a specific production area
- implement a pilot demonstrator representing the needs of construction site industries.
Funding Schemeundefined - undefined
NE28 6UY Wallsend
2280 GA Rijswijk
1018 TV Amsterdam
1007 MC Amsterdam