WORKCARE SYNERGIES is a support action with the aim of disseminating research findings of previous EU Framework Programme projects in the field of work-care. Our dissemination scheme is based on the concept of local key mediator teams, which are based in each of the seven countries where dissemination will take place and the mediator teams consist of local researchers, knowledge transfer and communication specialists. Local teams will implement local dissemination activities.
WORKCARE SYNERGIES will
• collect, select and prepare relevant findings from different existing FP projects
• in the form of (theme-specific and target-group oriented) discussion materials
• and other dissemination tools (e.g. film, newsletter, folder, poster, homepage, etc.)
• to make existing research findings available
• to NGOs, policy makers, trade unions, labour representatives, regional organizations and services, companies, other local actors, interested parties, etc.
• in local dissemination events and
• summarize material and discussion results for publication.
Altogether, local dissemination events will present relevant research findings from 20 research projects within the EU Framework Programmes and initiate their discussion in a local context. All deal with questions of work-care, i.e. how families in different societal frameworks and settings combine their work and (child-)care responsibilities. Chosen to reflect current local concerns and to make use of existing research, actual dissemination themes vary by country: Austrian teams: “Work-Care Tensions”, “Quality of Work and Life”, “Work-Life Balance across the Life Course”; British teams: “Social Quality in Work and Care”, “Labour Market Transitions in Comparative Perspective; Danish team: “Citizenship, Flexibility and Diversity in Work-Care Relations”; Italian team: “Social Care and Work-Care Balance”; Portuguese team: “Mapping Work-Care Orientations for Gender Equality in Private and Public Contexts”; Polish team: “Gender Elites and Work-Care Relations” and Hungarian team: “Family Policies, Working Time Flexibility and Social Cohesion”.
Discussion materials and the outcome of local dissemination events will be made available online (homepage), through newsletters, at the events and in a final publication. Policy briefs will summarize discussion outcomes in a local context.
Fields of science
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call