The objective of Climate Night Hamburg 2009 consists of attracting all the categories of the public at large and bring them together with climate scientists. The researchers will guide all the activities organised and attendants will this be constantly in direct contact with them, having the possibilities of exchanging on any topic of their interest, linked or not to the job researcher. They will be provided with multi-media based information about consequences of the Climate Change and be motivated to think about concrete actions preserving the natural environment.
The topic Climate Change shall be experienced by the public through an entertaining event on September 25th, 2009. The Climate Night Hamburg 2009 will actually consist of the cornerstone of a week of climate experiences, lectures, discussions, demonstrations and an exhibition. The commitment of Hamburg in correspondence to the Climate Change and the economical impact is to be presented to the audience on an emotional basis. The following events are planned:
- Exhibition in Hamburg’s most popular shopping mall “Europa Passage”;
- Climate discussion in cooperation with local media;
- Guided tours on impacts of Climate Change through the Harbour of Hamburg on traditional sightseeing boats;
- Climate Lounge on the Reeperbahn Music Festival;
- Climate Show in the Hamburg Planetarium (in cooperation with the German High Performance Computing Centre for Climate- and Earth System Research).
All these activities, likely to attract a mass audience will provide the public at large with a unique opportunity to know more about climate change and its consequences while getting directly in touch with the researchers operating in the topic and, as such, discover their “human face” and the fascinating aspects of their job, as well as their important role for their well-being and daily lives.
Fields of science
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call