The objective of this project is to develop and validate a prototype of next-generation CAD/CAM knowledge-based product modeller within an open architecture and with open system communication protocols.
The project will focus on:
- the formalisation of design and production expertise into functional and technological part modellers for sheet metal bending and cutting, turning, milling and EDM machining
- the integration of the part modellers into a functional and technological product modeller, providing a unified approach to the design and production of a wide range of industrial products
- the use of AI techniques to use previous design and manufacturing experience and to generate process plans
- the use of design and manufacturing features and its relations
- the provision to the user of an open architecture, enabling the interfacing of existing modellers (inside project), as well as others in the future, and the completion and modification of the knowledge bases developed in the project according to specific user know-how.
The project will be based on existing software resources (geometric modellers, inference engine, object-oriented database management system, computing algorithms, etc).
The applications of this project are rotational, 2½-D milled, EDM and sheet metal parts.
Funding Schemeundefined - undefined
1217 Meyrin 1
91952 Les Ulis
B10 OHJ Birmingham