A fluidic sensor system for the reliable detection of flow separation at low speed will be developed, manufactured and tested in view of flight application.
It will comprise an optimized combination of fluidic micro sensors as well as a multichannel measurement system including sensor control and calibration as well as data acquisition and communication electronics.
Starting from different types of fluidic micro sensors and combinations thereof, the sensor system development will be performed with the aim to provide a robust and reliable measurement tool for flow control operations in view of flight tests. Ability for flush mounting and easy integration is essential for the sensor front end. The readout electronics should be designed for minimum space and low power consumption. The whole sensor system will be examined in view of reducing complexity and will be integrated and tested in preparation of a large scale wind tunnel test and in view of flight.
Such a sensor system is expected to be the basis for monitoring and validation of the function of open loop separation control systems and at a later stage the essential control input for future closed loop flow control systems in high lift applications.
These will provide a new potential for fuel saving, noise reduction and safety.
Fields of science
- engineering and technologyelectrical engineering, electronic engineering, information engineeringelectronic engineeringcontrol systems
- engineering and technologymechanical engineeringvehicle engineeringaerospace engineeringaircraft
- natural sciencesphysical sciencesclassical mechanicsfluid mechanicsfluid dynamics
- engineering and technologyelectrical engineering, electronic engineering, information engineeringelectronic engineeringsensors
- engineering and technologyenvironmental engineeringenergy and fuels
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call