Green technologies are key competitive advantages of future air transport systems. Major environmental challenges are at stake in aircraft life cycle management, air traffic management and integration of air transport into multimodal transport system. Being aware of the importance to seize those trends to ensure the competitiveness of their local actors, European regions have to carefully orientate their R&D funding in order to match these aviation technological and environmental challenges but also to generate economic growth and to secure and increase their level of employment.
The CARE proposal will reinforce the R&D networking already instigated at regional level through research-driven clusters and will increase the competitiveness of these regions in the field of Green Aircraft Transportation by:
- enhancing more effective investments in R&D at regional level,
- stimulating the setting-up of additional regional research-orientated clusters (mentoring activity)
- catalyzing synergies and public private partnerships both on finance and research agendas standpoints at the European scale.
In particular, CARE will provide partner regions with a Joint Action Plan tailored at enhancing competitiveness of regional research actors through a coordinated use of sources, thus fostering cross-fertilization and partnership building. Further, a business plan will be supplied to identify and schedule possible financing sources with the ultimate goal to set up joint R&D proposals to European funding instruments. Actions undertaken in CARE will be strongly promoted, mainly in Europe but also at international level.
The CARE proposal will be performed by a consortium of mature aeronautics research-orientated regional clusters gathering large and small enterprises, research actors and local authorities plus one partner dealing with intermodal activities and two less-mature aeronautics cluster to be mentored.CARE will last 36 months for a total budget of about 2.2 M€.
Field of science
- /engineering and technology/mechanical engineering/vehicle engineering/aerospace engineering/aircraft
- /social sciences/social and economic geography/transport/transport planning/air traffic management
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call
Funding SchemeCSA-CA - Coordination (or networking) actions
47180 Castelnau Sur Gupie