"Project BASE aims at better understanding how business jet operators handle environmental constraints, currently and in the future.
BASE pursues three main objectives in line with Clean Sky’s SGO ITD:
- Gather and analyze trajectory data from actual flights.
- Understand the current practices and operating costs of the business jet operators.
- Understand the costs of current and future environmental constraints applicable to the business jet operators and their expectations in terms of flight optimization.
For trajectory data, environmental specialists will work with multiple operators (UniJet, Flying Group, Palmali Aviation, Korfez Havacilik, doing taxi, charter, corporate travel and shared ownership) to record FDR data on a variety of routes, aircraft (Falcon, Global Express, GulfStream) and approaches that are relevant for an environmental study. Data will then be analyzed and synthesized for use within the Clean Sky simulator.
For operating costs and practices, the consortium members will use their existing knowledge and portfolio of biz jet operator customers and contacts. They will survey existing best operating practices stressing in particular the role of pilots, dispatchers, flight ops engineers, and analyze the operating costs by business model.
They will also analyze the costs of environmental constraints and expectations of business aviation operators in terms of flight optimization and integrated solutions to alleviate the
The consortium involves 2 SMEs with extensive experience in aviation and the environment, FDR data analysis, flight ops & costs. They do regular business with the business jet operators (ETS consulting and verification) and have secured informal participation from several operators to the project.
Finally, these participants have experience in handling such projects having taken a key role in the Clean Sky project CARING with similar objectives in the airline w"
Field of science
- /natural sciences/computer and information sciences/data science/data analysis
- /social sciences/economics and business/economics/sustainable economy
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call