The project focus on enabling greater competitiveness and internationalization to the large groups of European SMEs in the shipbuilder and -repair sector and oil and gas industry, by making available a new tool for accurate and instantaneous 3D measurement. This new tool, the 3DMultiCam, will enable us to provide a new and value-added service we have identified an industrial need for in the market.
We will develop the 3DMultiCam based on the current state-of-the art, and plan to:
- Cut computer data processing time to a fraction by optimization and parallelization of the photogrammetry software compared to present solutions.
- Integrate a camera calibration device on the 3DMultiCam system, by placing a remotely operated calibrating reference plate connected to the camera frame.
- Include an innovative laser grid generator which projects a highly focused and water particle insensitive laser grid on the target, thus avoid disturbing the integrity of the object to be measured and save time.
- Illuminate the target with a novel laser or led light system insensitive to disturbing water particles, and thus ensure maximum detection of natural points and thereby increased resolution and reduce noise/errors.
- Achieve instantaneous measurement by photographing the target with several synchronized cameras. The cameras are controlled by a camera control system which synchronizes the digital photos, stores them and sends them to the surface near real-time.
- Attach the cameras, laser and control system to a rigid frame that keeps the geometry of the cameras with a very high degree of accuracy. The frame will also be light and collapsible for easy, fast and economical transport.
- Achieve an accuracy in the subsea measurement of at least 0.1mm.
The partnership behind this proposal constitutes an entire value-chain for delivering both the tool to the market and serving the identified industrial need.
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call
Funding SchemeCooperative - SMEs-Co-operative research contracts
530 Viana Do Castelo
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire