The project has as a general goal to build a methodological framework and a learning platform for regional and national RTD policy makers and stakeholders interested in obtaining support arguments for their requests to bring public research spending to the Barcelona target level.
In order to develop these tools, the consortium will:
- identify and evaluate existing RTD funding models, policies and instruments in participating regions/countries including their communication
- identify critical success factors for RTD funding policies resulting in enhanced research and innovation performance
- select and present good practice cases assisting policy makers through mutual learning and benchmarking
- formulate guidelines for successful target-oriented RTD funding policies and their implementation
- offer recommendations to RTD policy makers on communication tools for obtaining funding levels necessary for _competitiveness-minded_ research, leading to new and improved products and services.
Continuity of this project is also one of the main objectives of this proposal. It is proposed that the methodology and indicators used to measure the success of RTD funding policies and their communication should be continued, conducting periodical updates of the Regional RTD Policy Scoreboard. The audit process proposed can in the future include additional Member States, to get a larger scope of experiences and to further enable benchmarking and transferability of good practices across other EU Member States.
It is also envisioned that the Project Advisory Group (including external auditors), which will be actively involved in contributing to the BIS-RTD project, continues its function after the termination of this project in the capacity of a public RTD funding observatory.
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call
Funding SchemeCA - Coordination action
See on map