Faculty of Pharmacy is one of the leading research institutions in Croatia. Aiming to increase its capabilities to actively participate in international research projects and successfully compete for funds in the European Research Area, EuroPharm will reinforce its human potential and research infrastructure by
- Reinforcing the human potential of the Faculty of Pharmacy;
- Developing collaborations within European Research Area; and
- Improving research infrastructure at the Faculty of Pharmacy.
By detailed in-house SWOT analysis three competitive areas have been selected (receptor-ligand interactions, glycoproteomics & complex genetics, and combating antibiotic resistance), and one PhD student will be employed in each of these areas. These students will be employed by the promising groups in the Faculty of Pharmacy and additionally trained through short visits to three partners from prestigious EU research institutions. Through this process, Faculty of Pharmacy will strengthen its research, and in the same time develop research collaboration with partners in the EU.
Research infrastructure of the faculty of Pharmacy will be further strengthened by purchase of three pieces of medium-size equipment that were selected on the basis of compliance to the following criteria:
- It should complement currently existing equipment;
- The expertise for the use of this equipment must already exist;
- It should contribute to the realisation of research activities that will be performed jointly with EU partners in EuroPharm, and
- It should enable setting up of further collaborations both within Faculty of Pharmacy, and with other institutions in region.
Through the three described activities selected most promising research directions already existing in the Faculty of Pharmacy will be further reinforced and made even more successful.
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call