Recognizing the importance of promoting science and scientific culture in a transnational context, the scientists and the policymakers of the Nord - Pas de Calais Region and the French area of Belgium want to develop the science/society dialogue at the European level in order:
- To increase the public awareness of scientific and technological advances and their societal impacts;
- To encourage the participation of scientists, students and pupils in the promotion of scientific culture with the general public;
- To favour the European mobility of pupils, students, scientists in a scientific cultural contribution.
Taking advantage of the good experience, all the stakeholders (universities, engineer schools, research laboratories, schools, Scientific and Technical Culture Centres, Museums, Theatres, etc) improve the exchange of experiences and resources among organizers of the regional science festivals to enhance their European dimension and added value. Thanks to this mobilization, the programme of activities deal with many science sectors in popular places in city centres and through attractive supports (such as arts and theatre). These activities include:
- Some scientific euro-competition at the secondary school level and the participation of the winners to festivals of science at the European level;
- Artistic events done by pupils, students and artists promoting science through scientific theatres, spectacles, music, etc?;
- Interactive and funny European workshop exhibitions involving pupils, students, researchers, engineers and technicians.
In addition, this programme has already got the political support of many authorities. Between four and six other European countries participate and give feedback on the project.
Fields of science
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call