The garland products and services aim at the monitoring of land cover and vegetation addressing the GMES priorities "Land Cover Change in Europe", "Environmental Stress in Europe", and "Global Vegetation Monitoring". Geoland integrates 56 partners comprising user organisations, private and public service providers and researchers from 15 European member and accession states. The project is organised into nine sub-tasks comprising-Regional services focussed on the implementation of newly established European Directives structured into-a Nature Protection Observatory (Habitats and Bird Directive, Ramseur Convention, Convention on Biological Diversity);
- A Water and Soil Observatory (Thematic Strategy for Soil Protection, Water Framework Directive),
- A Spatial Planning Observatory (European Spatial Development Perspective, European Spatial Observatory Network),
- A Core Service Land Cover supporting the Observatories with land cover and land cover change products.
- All activities take into account the 6th Environmental Action Programme, the Sustainable Development Strategy, the Environmental Impact Assessment Directive, the Strategic Environmental Assessment Directive, INSPIRE, and ESDI.
- Global services directed towards the support of Policies addressing Global Change and Sustainable Development structured into-a Natural Carbon Fluxes Observatory (UN Framework Convention on Climate Change),
- A Global Land Cover and Forest Change Observatory (UN Forum on Forest, Forest and Development Communication of the Commission),
- A Food Security and Crop Monitoring Observatory (council regulations on Food Aid Policy, Environmental Measure in Developing Countries),
- A Core Service Bio-geophysical Parameters supporting the Observatories.
- Operational Scenario development including service infrastructure design and implementation planning. The garland products and services will be designed to provide sustainability, availability, reliability and cost efficiency.
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call
Funding SchemeIP - Integrated Project