QUALEG aims at enabling Local Governments to manage their policies in a transparent and trustable way. This implies that Local Governments should be able to measure the performance of services they offer, to assess the satisfaction of Citizens and to re-formulate policy orientations on such elements with the participation of Citizens.
QUALEG will produce first a "Policy Lifecycle Management" Software Solution that will enable Local Governments to:
- Integrate access to the back-office legacy information systems and to its eGovernment services;
- Generate indicators on the quality and performance of government services;
- Support debates between citizens, politicians and civil servants;
- Extract knowledge and policy recommendations from these debates.
Proposed as an Open Source solution, it will be the vector of commercial services to local governments.
A second outcome will be a "Methodology for Policy Evaluation & Formulation" that will emphasise transparency and trustability and will propose:
- Methods to define a Policy Lifecycle and to define associated indicators;
- Methods to manage the change induced by this practice and by the introduction of the associated technology;
- Best Practices.
Although this methodology might be used independently of the QUALEG software solution by local governments, it will be a guide for all implementation projects.
Finally, Innovative Technologies will have been developed as key enabling blocks for the development of the "Policy Lifecycle Management" software solution.
These technologies concern:
-Management and monitoring of Web Service based workflows;
- Introduction of semantics in Web Services/workflows;
- Knowledge generation Most developments will have been performed in an Open Source model to foster their dissemination.
Pilot Actions will be conducted in France, Germany and Poland to find the right balance between the technology and user perspectives in different organisational and cultural contexts.
Fields of science
Funding SchemeSTREP - Specific Targeted Research Project
N1 7JO London