Current project envisage organizing high-level scientific conference with the central focus on how to achieve sustainable development in chemistry and chemical engineering using new materials and technologies. A key objective of this conference is to pro vide an environment leading to a broadly based interdisciplinary communication for countries and membre states. Those looking for widening scientific interests can get professional introduction and advice from the best academic and industrial experts in this sector. The conference will target the most crucial problems in chemistry related to creation of new materials and technologies in the context of sustaible development. The following scientific topics of the conference will be included: new solve nts and reaction media, reactions in these media, catalysis and biocatalysis, new analytical techniques based on developments in miniaturisation and nanotechnology. The scope of the conference fits well into objectives addressed by the 6th Framework Prog ramme Priority 3 "Nanotechnologies and nanosciences, Knowledge-based multifunctional materials and new production processes and devices" work-programme, in particular under sections - Knowledge-based multifunctional materaisls (3.4.2.) and New productio n processes and devices (3.4.3). A valuable aspect of the conference is a place for face-to-face meetings with high-level experts leading to exchange the experience and knowledge. The conference location in associated candidate country will give new oppo rtunities to realize the scientific potential existing in the region. European science experts will be engaged with researchers and research groups from cadidate countries already active in existing projects. Enhancing personal contacts of researchers a nd scientists will be a main objective with a view to possible participating in working groups for preparation of projetct proposals in the near future.
Fields of science
- social scienceseconomics and businesseconomicsproduction economics
- social sciencesother social sciencessocial sciences interdisciplinarysustainable development
- engineering and technologyindustrial biotechnologybioprocessing technologiesbiocatalysis
- engineering and technologychemical engineering
- engineering and technologynanotechnology
- FP6-NMP - Nanotechnologies and nanosciences, knowledge-based multifunctional materials and new production processes and devices: thematic priority 3 under the 'Focusing and integrating community research' of the 'Integrating and strengthening the European Research Area' specific programme 2002-2006.
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call
Funding SchemeSSA - Specific Support Action
NG7 2RD Nottingham