The objective of this project is to develop an integrated framework for the plant-wide management of industries, such as chemical and oil, which use complex interlinked processes. The project combines control theory algorithmic techniques and Artificial Intelligence concepts.
The outcome of the project will provide tools and techniques in order to achieve:
- safe and economically advantageous operations supported by automated algorithmic procedures for responding to plant upsets, complete with information concerning the status of the plant
- economical and flexible operation by providing decision aids and procedures for implementing changes online in an optimal and precise manner through control system modification, and also advice concerning operating procedures
- integration with other products available in process industry
Prototypes will be implemented at two industrial sites.
The benefits will be improved profitability, product quality, safety and maintainability.
The project has given special emphasis, at the early phases of development, towards the definition of an overall architecture for hierarchical integration of the functions necessary to support the management of the process industries.Emphasis has been placed towards the functions necessary to:
- Assess the status of the process complex at the unit, plant and site levels based on intelligent processing of measured information
- Coordinate the plant units for achieving an overall objective
- Provide integrated operations management at the site level.
Funding Schemeundefined - undefined
6160 MD Geleen
5612 AX Eindhoven
RG11 25Q Wokingham
TW8 8HQ Brentford