MORESYS is related to a wider industry-supported initiative called EUROVIAS (European Validation of Identity and Access Control System). The EUROVIAS initiative aims to develop of a system allowing automatic hand-free access control at the entry-points of areas restricted to people wearing an identification badge.
The purpose of the MORESYS project is the development of the hardware and software needed to build complete systems for accreditation and access control.
The technical tasks to be completed in the project are:
- functional specification of a hand-free access control system which meets the requirements of medium-sized companies
- design and development of efficient and convenient smart-card badges
- design and development of automatic access-control gate equipment
- design and development of a microcomputer-based distributed system for access control supervision; in its most advanced release, this will control all automatic access control units via a two-level hierarchy (while in the simpler system the two levels will be merged into one):
. the access control unit controller, which will provide user-friendly control of a group of automatic access control units, either on- or off-line.
. the access control supervisor and concentrator, which provides the only centralised view and control of the whole access control system; the central supervision function can be activated by a host system or directly by an operator.
- design and the development of Accreditation and Badge Assembly Stations (ABAS). Each ABAS will include a specific terminal for smart card personalisation and tests of issued badges, and will also drive a printing unit.
Together with these basic elements, other equipment could be developed to cover specific functions for large events or companies.
91640 Fontenay Les Briis
08190 Sant Cugat (Barcelona)