The objective of this project is to develop a methodology to integrate CAD/CAM modules and advanced, easy-to-use CNC controllers for 5-axis NC machining of complex parts. The resulting products will enable SMEs to improve their cost-effectiveness in manufacturing complex machined parts.
The project will:
- supply a simple user interface for off-line and shopfloor programming of 5-axis machining operations
- develop a new high-level surface-oriented data interface between the off-line programming modules and the 32-bit CNC-controller
- provide first prototypes of the kernel developments by the end of 1991 to prove the system architecture
- implement the project results at one user site (at least) by the end of 1992.
- increase the flexibility of the NC controllers and the quality of the machined parts by offering extended functionality for handling and manipulating NC data on the shop-floor.
Funding Schemeundefined - undefined
10099 San Mauro Torinese Torino
5150 BB Drunen