"Aim of this proposal is the planning and the organisation of an event which can, in the frame of the Italian Presidency of the EU, represents a flagship initiative for the year 2014. In order to leverage on the past experience and reputation gained in the previous events, the event will be called World Manufacturing Forum 2014.
Strategic objectives of the event are:
• To be an open and independent environment where industry leaders and key policy makers from all over the world, together with all relevant stake-holders, will discuss global trends, challenges, threats and objectives in Manufacturing to give authorities in policy, science and industries advice for the orientation of innovation perspectives for a global competitive and sustainable development;
• To be a mean for the Italian Presidency to increase visibility of their contribution and perspective for the European Union industry and society in a fair interplay with the other global regions;
• To be a platform where the most recent state-of-the-art of the Manufacturing research is spread and disseminated at the same time where the most interesting trends and research needs are identified, discussed and shared among interested parties and involved communities;
• To be a platform for the communication of the European Commission strategies and policies to a global audience represented through the Italian presidency of the European Union.
• To be an ambitious event to present results of the European cooperative research, to support the Horizon2020 and to discuss about international cooperation in R&D.
WMF2014 will coordinate with other events planned in the semester of the European Union Italian Presidency, namely ""Industrial Technologies 2014"" and will contribute to the result of the ""Industrial technologies policies for the future of Europe""."
Field of science
- /social sciences/other social sciences/social sciences interdisciplinary/sustainable development
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call