Periodic Reporting for period 2 - DIVERSITY (Cloud Manufacturing and Social Software Based Context Sensitive Product-Service Engineering Environment for Globally Distributed Enterprise)
Reporting period: 2016-08-01 to 2018-01-31
1. DIVERSITY Methodology for Lean PSS Design supports companies in approaching design with a new perspective, approaching products and services in a holistic way. This methodology includes a comprehensive set of methods and guidelines.
2. DIVERSITY Platform includes an engineering environment and a set of tools that implement the methodology developed to support PSS design. The engineering environment is implemented using cloud technology and includes security and visualisation functionalities. The set of tools includes components for conceptualisation and design, extension of PDM/PLM systems, context sensitivity, intelligent search, sentiment analysis and KPIs Assessment.
These two main results include a more comprehensive set of exploitable results produced throughout the project:
- Engineering Environment and Design Tools Bundle: drives the creative design process of a PSS, defining the best offer based on customer needs (the Product-Service Concept Tree), and supports the detail design of a PSS considering both service (the Service Delivery Process Modelling tool) and product features enabling a specific ability (Lean Design Rules tool), starting from the definition of Customer’s needs. It allows users to consider product and related service integrated, understanding what kind of PSS the market needs before putting it on the market, avoiding failures and introducing only innovative and forefront solution.
- PSDM/PSLM Tools: A Web Application that gives access to the customer enterprise system with the aim to manage product data, focusing on PDM/PLM systems, which contain all the detailed information about products. These tools support the extension of selected PDM/PLM to address product-service aspects and the integration and extensions of conventional PDM/PLM tools, usually focused on the product design, in including the design of the service part of the PSS.
- Intelligent Search: provides a context sensitive search engine, capable of tapping several data sources within the company. This includes a user centric ontology, context modelling, monitoring and extraction, on top of the intelligent search. The tools identify the activity/context the user is performing/using various SW tools and uses these to filter and adapt search results.
- Sentiment Analysis: A set of tools to analyse feedback from users from different social media platforms. The tools include components to model, extract and predict the opinion of specific PSSs.
- Social Feedback Extraction: Software that can also be used as service to gather data from social media, namely twitter, Facebook, amazon pages.
- KPI Assessment: A tool to model, monitor and assess KPIs in a company, enabling association with specific PSSs. KPIs can be used to monitor the current status of the company’s performances in relation to the PSS offerings, justifying the need to re-design a PSS. Through a multi-criteria decision-making, the KPIs tool guides the selection of the appropriate set of KPIs for a PSS during its design phase.
- PSS Ontology: Ontology for Product Service Systems (PSS) in discrete manufacturing industry to support collaborative PSS development involving a number of stakeholders, as well as semantic interoperability among SW tools used for PSS development and lifecycle management; the ontology in compliance with Basic Formal Ontology (BFO) as an upper level ontology, allowing for interoperability with other ontologies developed (or to be developed) with industrial community.
- Companies have shorter time-to-market because they have a structured and efficient way to design PSS.
- Rules and guidelines support companies in reducing waste and improving sustainability.
- Implementation of a knowledge sharing platform to store information across several actors and life cycle phases.
- Increase portfolio offering, entering servitization and mass customization.