Periodic Reporting for period 2 - DEMETRA (Demonstrator of EGNSS Services based on Time Reference Architecture)
Reporting period: 2016-01-01 to 2016-12-31
1. Definition and consolidation on the design of the demonstrator is understood. The schedule is tight and the research and development activity quite challenging and demanding.
2. Looking for timing users and getting in contact to interview and contribute to the user market analysis, defining the project specification and preliminary architecture very difficult to find the technical timing expert in possible user companies, quite demanding keeping the partners always engaged
3. The paper and the poster with title """"The Horizon 2020 DEMETRA project: DEMonstrator of EGNSS services based on Time Reference Architecture"""" is presented to the scientific workshop
4. Planning the first User Workshop on Timing and Synchronisation market.
1. To define and design an operational architecture. - Operational concepts and key products for EGNSS Timing Service provision specification will be obtained by a strong interaction between service developers and possible users (Specification Review milestone). The design will be consolidated at the Design Review milestone.
2. To set-up an operational environment for pilot applications prototyping and testing. - The aim will be to validate the end-to-end time service dissemination from the time signal generation to user terminal level. This element will start at the Experimentation Readiness Review and have two intermediate milestones.
3. To assess the impacts on Galileo infrastructure and Galileo service facilities and to support the provision of Galileo timing services.
4. To support the development and test of new applications using these early Galileo timing services.
5. To characterize the operational requirements for time services provision that could be made applicable for the future Galileo Time Service Provider.
The demonstrator that will be developed can be used later as an “incubator” or “test bed” to support the development of new services or potential concepts and to validate them through end-to-end simulations and demonstrations. This demonstrator will pave the way for the development of new EGNSS time services and products (such as user terminals or turnkeys solutions) for mass market applications.