Periodic Reporting for period 4 - ehcoBUTLER (ehcoBUTLER. A global ecosystem for the independent and healty living of elder people with mild cognitive impairments.)
Reporting period: 2020-07-01 to 2021-06-30
Thus, the work done so far includes highlights such as:
• The definition of the features of the ehcoBUTLER platform oriented to the needs of the MCI users.
• Specification of the ergonomics requirements of the platform, which includes the user interface that have been already tested with MCI diagnosed users to check its suitability for these users.
• Definition of the protocol to be used during the different pilots to measure not only the impact of the use of the platform in the MCI end-users, but also to provide indicators concerning the cost-benefit analysis of its deployment in different pilot sites.
• Development and deployment of the technological platform, including the stand-alone tool for videoconference capabilities, integration with the GRADIOR platform for cognitive training and rehabilitation and use of state-of-the art wrist sensors to measure physical activity. The development has been accompanied by beta test activities to ensure the usability of the final platform for its end users.
• Platform translation – and cultural adaptation where needed - from English into Spanish, Italian, Hebrew and Greek to support the different pilot sites.
• Preparation of the training guidelines, user manual and helpdesk procedures for the pilot.
• Pilot running.
• Revision of the economic and non-economic key performance indicators (KPIs) for the cost-benefit evaluation.
• Preparation of the exploitation strategy and plan.
• Several publications in journals and conferences for the scientific community concerning project results developed so far.
• Using evidence based psychological techniques and procedures to promote confidence, self-esteem, and self-control in the elderly in the way they use the new ICT tools.
• Developing new communications strategies between the elderly and the informal caregivers. A shared digital agenda will be developed for checking the activities of the elderly and reinforce them for being active and involved in everyday life.
• Promoting more self-confident to the elderly as they use more the features of the platform.
• Providing the contact between the elderly and the informal caregivers, and also in contact with other people, and increasingly engaged in activities of daily living.
Expected impacts of the deployment of ehcoBUTLER are:
• Increased patient independence, prolonging active participation in society, quality of life and integrated care processes for the elderly population.
• Reduction of costs for the healthcare systems and improvement of efficiency of care process.
• Increased degree of interoperability and standardisation in the developed ICT solutions, with secure, seamless communication of data related to health and wellbeing among all involved parties.
• Strengthened European industrial position in eHealth and independent living products and services by creating new business models in new areas like cognitive disease management.