HYMADE focuses on the development of capsules and engineered colloidal particles for drug delivery combining mesoporous colloids, the Layer by Layer (LbL) technique and virosomes. The capsules and particles have potential applications in cancer and inflammatory diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis and uveitis.
The project is based on the secondments of Early Stage Researchers and Experienced Researchers and networking and training activities between European and non European academic institutions.
HYMADE aims to profit from the combination of hybrid materials to fabricate advanced drug delivery systems with controlled release and targeting efficiency of biological entities. The project also aims to gain understanding of the self assembly process of hybrid materials and the transport properties of the drug delivery systems.The biological fate, drug release, degradation and therapeutical efficiency of the drug delivery systems will be studied in vitro and in vivo with state of the art imaging techniques. To achieve these goals we have gathered an international multidisciplinary team with scientists at the forefront of Material Science, Self assembly, Physics, Chemistry, Biophysics and Imaging from Germany, Austria, France and Spain on the European side and from United States of America, Argentina and Armenia on the non European side.
Field of science
- /social sciences/social and economic geography/transport
- /natural sciences/chemical sciences/polymer science
- /engineering and technology/materials engineering/coating and films
- /natural sciences/biological sciences/biophysics
- /natural sciences/physical sciences/condensed matter physics/soft matter physics
- /medical and health sciences/health sciences/inflammatory diseases
- /medical and health sciences/clinical medicine/cancer
- /natural sciences/biological sciences/biochemistry/biomolecules/lipids
- /natural sciences/biological sciences/biochemistry/biomolecules/nucleic acid
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call
Funding SchemeMSCA-RISE - Marie Skłodowska-Curie Research and Innovation Staff Exchange (RISE)