Periodic Reporting for period 3 - NANOBUBBLE (Laser-induced vapour nanobubbles for intracellular delivery of nanomaterials and treatment of biofilm infections)
Reporting period: 2018-09-01 to 2020-02-29
- Concept of spatial-selective photoporation was demonstrated.
- Microfluidic chips for photoporation of suspension cells under development.
- Demonstrated that photoporation works on many different cell types, including primary cells, and for many different cargos (siRNA, fluorescent labels etc). Currently experimental conditions are being optimized for intracellular delivery of large macromulecules including mRNA and pDNA.
- VNB photoporation for light-triggered endosomal release of nanocarriers successful for siRNA, but still under development for mRNA and pDNA.
- Successfully photoporated hard-to-transfect primary T-cells with siRNA, mRNA and CRISPR/CAS9 ribonucleoproteins.
- Advantages of delivering contrast agents into cells with photoporation has been demonstrated.
- Application of photoporation to the treatment of biofilm infections successfully developed.