In QUIST, a protein will be validated as a biomarker for early detection and prognosis of sepsis in combination with several other surrogate sepsis biomarkers. Specific objective is:
• To perform a feasibility study in order to gain better insight in the risks and potential hurdles for the validation study in Phase 2 and future exploitation of the project’s results. This study will contain technical, commercial and economical issues.
• A solid businessplan as a result of the feasibility study. This businessplan will contain information that is currently incomplete or lacking about the market (identification of potential customers, competitors, distributors and competing technologies), regulations and industrial partners for the commercial development of a POCT for sepsis. Based on this information, also a strategy will be defined for IP management.
• A research plan for the validation study, addressing technical hurdles defined in the feasibility study.
Fields of science
- social sciencessociologydemographymortality
- medical and health scienceshealth sciencesinfectious diseases
- medical and health sciencesbasic medicineimmunology
- medical and health sciencesbasic medicinepharmacology and pharmacypharmaceutical drugsantibiotics
- natural scienceschemical sciencesanalytical chemistrymass spectrometry
Call for proposalSee other projects for this call