Periodic Reporting for period 1 - OABCAP (Demonstration of a new diagnostic device for the Overactive Bladder syndrome)
Reporting period: 2015-03-01 to 2015-08-31
The feasibility study has been carried out in a working group formed by the consultancy and the company:
• By the consultancy BANTEC GROUP, the members of the team have been the following:
- Senior consultant
- Senior consultant
• By the technology and product owner ALBYN MEDICAL, the members of the team have been the following:
- General Manager
- Administration manager
Five face-to-face meetings have been carried out with specific themes:
1. Feasibility study launch – March 2014
2. Market – March 2014
3. Value proposition, business model and commercialisation – May 2015
4. Costs, revenues and funding scheme – June 2015
5. Results validation – August 2015
• Market: The related market to the new product has been analysed and its volume forecast for 2020 has been determined.
• Opportunity: The opportunity of OABCAP in the current urologic equipment and disposables market has been analysed.
• Competition: The characteristics of the competitors’ products have been analysed taking as reference the ALBYN MEDICAL new product.
• Regulatory risk: The regulatory risks have been analysed for each significant market.
• Added value: The OABCAP added value has been established taking into account the current market solutions and their limitations.
• Intellectual property: The freedom to operate analysis has been reviewed to establish the up-to-date status of the protection.
• Business model: Current business model in the market have been analysed and the optimum business model for the commercialisation of the new product has been established.
• Commercialisation: A commercialisation strategy has been established.
• Risks: Main technical and regulatory risks have been determined and specific contingency plans have been defined.
• Resources: Manufacture and sale resources for the commercialisation of the new product have been identified.
• Return on the investment: Sales projections hypothesis, cost structure and the revenue model have been established. The return on the investment has been analysed and the business feasibility has been confirmed.
• Will determine with high reliability if the patient suffers Overactive Bladder syndrome.
• Will highly decrease the impact of the test in the patient (discomfort).
Thanks to the new diagnostic device a reliable diagnostic evaluation is obtained and thus high treatment costs of the over-diagnosis are avoided improving the sustainability of the European Health and Care systems.
Based on the feasibility study carried out, the business feasibility can be ensured.