Spectrum ARC GmbH provides an innovative state-of-the-art qualification scheme (approved by the German Space Administration DLR ) for commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) components relevant for space and harsh-environment (radiation) applications. The space electronics market is currently dominated by US-Corporations and therefore underlies the restrictive barriers of international traffic in arms regulation (ITAR) , retarding the space industry growth and raising their cost significantly. We’ll offer so called Space-COTS by qualifying (testing) COTS from specific manufactures in different quality levels. This will enable space missions to have access to highly efficient, compact and light-weight new generation technologies at a lower price.
Low-cost Space-COTS let us introduce high reliable electronic products not only for space but also for extreme-environment applications on earth, e.g. radioactive environs (power plants, research labs, nuclear medicine, etc.), hot (deserts) and cold (Antarctic) places. As technology demonstrator we’ll build a reliable and modular platform (box) consisting of a control and a removable sensor unit to be used in different environments as a Remote Monitoring System (RMS).
Europe’s mission of advancing non-dependent and competitive technologies in the space sector is fully supported by this project.
Fields of science
- natural sciencescomputer and information sciencesinternet
- natural sciencescomputer and information sciencesdatabases
- engineering and technologymechanical engineeringvehicle engineeringaerospace engineeringsatellite technology
- medical and health sciencesclinical medicineradiologynuclear medicine
- engineering and technologyelectrical engineering, electronic engineering, information engineeringelectronic engineeringsensors
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call