Periodic Reporting for period 4 - SCALE (Scalable Quantum Photonic Networks)
Reporting period: 2020-06-01 to 2020-11-30
* Demonstration of a single-photon source enabling reaching Quantum Advantage. The paper is accepted in Science Advances (publication date Dec. 9th, 2020), a press release has been issued and the associated press coverage is taking place.
* Demonstration of on-demand spin-photon entanglement and as a next step on-demand and scalable multi-photon entanglement generation. The experiment is currently being completed. (Paper accepted in Phys. Rev. Lett. and another high-profile manuscript is in preparation).
* Demonstration of single-photon nonlinear optics with a quantum dot including studies of the complex dynamical properties (paper in review at Phys. Rev. Lett. + 2 additional high-profile publications are in preparation)
* Formulation of a blueprint for a one-way quantum repeater based on quantum dot hardware (Physical Review X, 2020)
* Demonstration of a plug-and-play single-photon source based on a dual-mode waveguide (Nature Communications, 2020)
* Demonstration of a photonic switch controlled by a single spin in a quantum dot. (Nature Nanotechnology, 2018)