There is a growing need for smart energy-efficient homes, offices and industrial plants, and this need is increasingly being supported by legislation. Hence there is a growing market for technologies to enable this, through the deployment of smart metering as well as intelligent heating, ventilation, lighting, and monitoring control systems. To address this market, a new class of low-power wireless protocols has been developed for the automation and control of the above systems.
To date, wireless home and building automation systems that employ such protocols have seen limited adoption, despite the technology being widely available, mainly because conventional semiconductor radio architectures are unable to fulfill the market need of whole-house coverage and ultra-low power consumption while using inexpensive semiconductor technology.
Cascoda's patented technology is unique in that it delivers standards-based radio communication with whole-house coverage, high data-link reliability and ultra-low power consumption, while using inexpensive CMOS semiconductor technology.
The objective of this project is to investigate the best fit for Cascoda’s technology with manufacturers energy management systems, and to develop an appropriate customer evaluation kit and a high-level protocol stack for the target application. Together, these items will form a solution with which such manufacturers can quickly and easily integrate Cascoda’s technology.
Field of science
- /natural sciences/physical sciences/electromagnetism and electronics/electrical conductivity/semiconductor
- /engineering and technology/environmental engineering/energy and fuels/renewable energy
- /social sciences/sociology/industrial relations/automation
- /engineering and technology/electrical engineering, electronic engineering, information engineering/information engineering/telecommunications/wireless
- /natural sciences/computer and information sciences/internet/internet of things
- /natural sciences/physical sciences/electromagnetism and electronics/semiconductor device
- /engineering and technology/electrical engineering, electronic engineering, information engineering/electronic engineering/automation and control systems/home automation
- /social sciences/economics and business/business and management/commerce
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call