Critical infrastructure protection topic 7: SME instrument topic: “Protection of Urban soft targets and urban critical infrastructures. DRS-17-2014-1.
The scope of this topic is focused to cover high throughput screening of people including the ability to screen them in reasonably real-time as people approach entrances to buildings or enter public transportation system. The objective of the project is a new recognition system in buildings, to improve the security and the speed of the recongnition in order to make this more comfortable for users and more efficient for the management of the building.
The system under development contributes to solve the current problems of recognition and access control above (slow recognizing and therefore access and consequent generation of queues, uncomfortable process for users of different facilities, inability for controlling certain areas and control degradation itself caused by volume of movements to be controlled, tiredness or lack of human resources), taking advantage of the business opportunity identified.
Field of science
- /humanities/languages and literature/general language studies
- /social sciences/social and economic geography/transport/public transport
- /natural sciences/computer and information sciences/computer security/access control
- /engineering and technology/electrical engineering, electronic engineering, information engineering/electronic engineering/automation and control systems
- /social sciences/economics and business/business and management/commerce
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call