Periodic Reporting for period 2 - ReCaM (Rapid Reconfiguration of Flexible Production Systems through Capability-based Adaptation, Auto-configuration and Integrated tools for Production Planning)
Reporting period: 2017-05-01 to 2018-10-31
The first half of the project was mainly focused on setting the base for the conceptual and architectural works that are to be fulfilled within the main tasks of the project. Based on that the communication technologies were selected and evaluated as well as the implemented (e.g. for the Flexible Systems Engineering Platform). Therefore the main task within the first half of the project were:
- Analysis of Use Cases for versatile and easy reconfigurable production systems.
- Identification and documentation of requirements for this kind of versatile production systems. These requirements cover both, the objects within such a federative system as well as the federation itself.
- Analysis of applicable standards for the systems that are to be developed within ReCaM in order to serve as a guideline.
- Definition of the systems architecture as well as selection and evaluation of communication/control technologies.
- Implementation of the first tools like the Flexible Systems Engineering Platform or the Capability Editor.
- Definition of the product requirements description.
The work of within the second half of the project was mainly focused on the production and reconfiguration planing as well as the developing the systems runtime.
- Development of tool for production planning and reconfiguration
- Maturing the systems architecture and implemented tools
- Evaluation of the communication and reconfiguration technologies
- Set up of multiple demonstrators for evaluation and dissemination
The dissemination and exploitation efforts were increased within the second half of the project. This includes scientific as well as industrial dissemination as well as events for internal and external exploitation. Please refer to Part B for more details.