About 60% of the electricity costs for a municipality is street lighting. Recently, the wider deployment of innovative LED lighting solutions has been made a priority by the European Commission. The main area where LED-based street lighting can be improved is the light throughput efficiency of the lens and the transparent cover of the luminaire. Hungaro Lux Light Kft. has developed a novel design method for manufacturing LED lens and covers optimised to the desired illumination pattern and the specific LED chip used. This optimisation improves light throughput by 15% on average compared to currently available lens. The software and production technology development to be undertaken in this Phase 2 project are the last major steps before the market introduction of the technology. This innovation will enable our company to provide a new range of highly competitive luminaries, strengthening our position in key international markets and increasing our turnover significantly.
Fields of science
- engineering and technologymaterials engineeringcolors
- natural scienceschemical sciencesinorganic chemistrytransition metals
- social sciencessociologyindustrial relationsautomation
- natural sciencescomputer and information sciencessoftwaresoftware development
- engineering and technologymaterials engineeringcoating and films
Call for proposalSee other projects for this call