Kurata Systems Process represents an alternative production method of high added value fuels from residues such as plastics, used industrial oil and refinery residue. We obtained diesel C and other fuels that meet the legislation specifications. Although we have an adequate quality fuel to introduce into the market, the limitation in our productivity scale keeps off the commercialization of our fuels. Based on our pilot-plant results, the objective of this project is to scale-up a continuous process with three different processing lines for each feedstock (plastic, industrial oil and refinery residue) in a new plant.
This project involves an alternative source of fuel, reducing energy supply risks with the corresponding dependance of other countries. Additionally Kurata is involved as a waste management project.
Fields of science
- engineering and technologyenvironmental engineeringwaste managementwaste treatment processesrecycling
- natural scienceschemical sciencesorganic chemistryhydrocarbons
- social scienceseconomics and businesseconomicsproduction economicsproductivity
- engineering and technologyenvironmental engineeringenergy and fuels
- social scienceseconomics and businesseconomicssustainable economy
Call for proposalSee other projects for this call
Funding SchemeSME-1 - SME instrument phase 1
See on map