INSCAPE (In situ manufactured carbon-thermoplast curved stiffened panel) main objective is to enhance the automated thermoplastic fiber placement process and machine to manufacture an in situ consolidated double-curved structure including in situ joining of stiffener and skin laminate.
Taking the state-of-the-art into consideration, the proposed project will focus on using and enhancing the possibilities and advantages of automated thermoplastic Automated Fiber Placement (TP AFP) to create an efficient process to manufacture complex carbon fiber reinforced thermoplastic aerospace structures. The sensitivity of the process leads to a mandatory 100% automation for reproducible, industrial production.
Field of science
- /social sciences/economics and business/economics/production economics/productivity
- /engineering and technology/materials engineering/fibers
- /engineering and technology/mechanical engineering/manufacturing engineering/additive manufacturing
- /engineering and technology/environmental engineering/energy and fuels/renewable energy
- /engineering and technology/materials engineering/composites/carbon fiber
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call