Periodic Reporting for period 3 - EntangleGen (Entanglement Generation in Universal Quantum Dynamics)
Reporting period: 2019-10-01 to 2021-03-31
In this project new paths for generation of entanglement in many particle systems are investigated especially investigating the conjecture that universal quantum dynamics far from equilibrium is directly connected to entanglement generation. If this is confirmed and understood in detail the basic concept might be extendable to condensed matter systems and with that have a direct impact on technology for daily use.
1) Demonstration of nonlinear readout as efficient path for utilizing and accessing entanglement with simple standard readout.
Phys.Rev.Lett. 117, 013001 (2015).
2) First demonstration of generation of non-local quantum correlations in ultracold gases.
Science 360, 413 (2018).
3) First demonstration of universal quantum dynamics.
Nature 563, 217 (2018).
Additional to these results directly connected to the question of generation of entanglement, the developed experimental techniques for precise atom manipulation have been employed for atom trace analysis of Ar39 atoms. These are perfect environmental tracers for determining the age of water and ice. Both aspects have recently been demonstrated.
4) New insight into ocean ventilation close to Cape Verde islands.
Nature Comm. 9, 5046 (2018).
5) First dating of alpine glacier ice with quantum technology.
PNAS 116, 8781 (2019).