This project contributes to the call’s overall objective, which is to stimulate the competitiveness of eco-innovative SMEs
seeking to launch their products on world markets. This project introduces an eco-innovative product, a car-starting battery,
which contains no hazardous materials, extends battery life at least six times longer (in start-stop life) compared to lead-acid
batteries, and produces significant CO2 savings.
Olife has developed a new car battery that is a milestone in the evolution of the automotive industry. It is the first full
substitute for lead-acid batteries and offers many advantages, such as: superb performance, light weight, high range of
operating temperatures, ideally suited to start-stop systems, superior reliability and durability, resistance to extreme
vibration, starting ability up to 90% DOD (depth of discharge), lead and acid free, non-hazardous and eco-friendly.
The business innovation project aims to complete the development and to demonstrate industrial readiness and maturity for
primary market introduction (the new vehicle market), to build brand awareness, develop communication and dissemination
activities for both the primary market and the aftermarket. This objective will be accomplished via three key steps:
1) Testing, modification and finalisation of product development for OEM market
2) Communication and dissemination activities
3) Protection of intellectual property
The current battery market, due to LAB (lead-acid battery) technology limitations, offers a wide variety of batteries of different
capacities. Olife's offering (L2 and L5) successfully meets major market requirements.
• The L2 Olife battery is equivalent to a 55Ah LAB battery.
• The L5 Olife battery is equivalent to a 110Ah LAB battery.
Patent applications have been already submitted in the 120 countries. In Mexico and South Africa, a patent has already
been obtained. In other countries, patents are pending.
Field of science
- /engineering and technology/mechanical engineering/vehicle engineering/automotive engineering
- /social sciences/economics and business/business and management/commerce
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call