Eco-efficient high-yield production of antioxidant compounds from microalgae
Through the development of a disruptive photobioreactor design and cultivation protocol, we plan to reach a production of high-quality microalgae with an improved content in valuable antioxidants, at a reduced production cost. This cost reduction will be obtained through a dramatic reduction of the energy required for the production, greatly improving the sustainability of microalgae production.
The microalgae products can enter the formulations of nutritional supplements or animal food.
Fields of science
- agricultural sciencesagricultural biotechnologybiomass
- engineering and technologyother engineering and technologiesfood and beverages
- social sciencesother social sciencessocial sciences interdisciplinarysustainable development
- social scienceseconomics and businessbusiness and managementbusiness model
- natural sciencesearth and related environmental sciencesatmospheric sciencesmeteorologysolar radiation
- social scienceseconomics and businessbusiness and managementcommerce
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call