Eco-efficient high-yield production of antioxidant compounds from microalgae
Through the development of a disruptive photobioreactor design and cultivation protocol, we plan to reach a production of high-quality microalgae with an improved content in valuable antioxidants, at a reduced production cost. This cost reduction will be obtained through a dramatic reduction of the energy required for the production, greatly improving the sustainability of microalgae production.
The microalgae products can enter the formulations of nutritional supplements or animal food.
Fields of science
- engineering and technologyother engineering and technologiesfood technology
- engineering and technologymaterials engineeringcolors
- engineering and technologyindustrial biotechnologybiomaterialsbiofuels
- agricultural sciencesagricultural biotechnologybiomass
- engineering and technologyindustrial biotechnologybioprocessing technologiesfermentation
Call for proposalSee other projects for this call
Funding SchemeSME-1 - SME instrument phase 1
See on map