The European startup ecosystem is booming. It has attracted more than $3.5bn of venture funding in Q3 2015, the highest in 5 years. A major factor fueling this growth is a higher-resolution venture finance industry, which has opened up the traditional Venture Capital (VC) space to new types of early-stage investors: angels, crowdfunding networks, accelerators and micro-VCs.
The challenge these early-stage investors face is the lack of commercially available business intelligence tools to support the decision-making process. The high-risk nature of early-stage investing increases the odds of mis-allocating capital and is raising concerns from industry professionals and regulators alike.
Crowd Analytics is a first-of-its-kind large-scale data analytics and visualisation platform that helps investors assess the risk profile and investment-readiness of early-stage companies. The system collects structured and unstructured data from a number of public and private sources, correlates them using proprietary algorithmic analysis, deduces relevant insights and presents them to the user in an intuitive and structured manner.
This results in reliable, data-driven insights across the complete spectrum of early-stage investment opportunities that will be offered through a subscription service.
Fields of science
- social scienceseconomics and businessbusiness and managemententrepreneurship
- social scienceseconomics and businessbusiness and managementbusiness models
- natural sciencescomputer and information sciencesdata sciencebusiness intelligence
- natural sciencesbiological sciencesecologyecosystems
- social scienceseconomics and businessbusiness and managementemployment
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call