Periodic Reporting for period 1 - EnviroALARM (Early alarm system for groundwater contamination monitoring)
Reporting period: 2016-06-01 to 2016-11-30
• Sensor able to detect liquid hydrocarbon as well as high concentration of vapours.
• Electronic design able to detect the correct location of the sensor inside a monitoring well.
As a result of the business plan and the market strategy defined, SST has decided to apply for an international patent.
Customer survey analysis: The market research done over 236 customers in 11 countries shows a strong interest in EnviroALARM product/service. Over 25% of the interviewed potential distributors/customers showed a positive response to the technology. The analysis served to define the features demanded by the end-users as well as the best sales strategy: offer the system 100% as a service rather than a combination of hardware + service.
Demo studies: Large scale demonstrative and testing actions for EnviroALARM will be developed on 200 sites with 8 different monitoring conditions during Phase 2 execution, selected with the support of HERA distributor company and end users such as CEPSA, GALP and CLH, in order to reach real condition tests (TRL 8).
Business plan: The conservative market share for year one has been projected to be 0.06%, ending up in year six with a projected share of 1.05% of the SAM. The growth potential of EnviroALARM is huge worldwide, having the opportunity to tackle two different markets such as Underground Storage Tanks (petrol stations and others) and Above Storage Tanks (big storage tank facilities, refineries, civil infrastructure and others) with the same product, increasing the chances of success. Conservative business plan indicates that will reach more than 16,800 EnviroALARM system sold in year six with cumulative revenues >40M€.
• Cost-efficient service: Environmental monitoring system provided as a service with a more competitive cost than alternative technologies (over 50% than alternatives).
• Complementarity: EnviroALARM can be easily complemented with other leak detection systems to improve overall control in a simple and easy way.
• No maintenance. The system will perform over 7 years without maintenance communicating the quality of the air/water daily.
• Applicable in different media: the system can work detecting free liquid HC phase as well as HC vapours.
• Simplicity and automation: Simple installation with easy-to-use wireless module that can be retrofitted in any site. It will be able to sense the correct installation sending an alarm in case of problem.
• No false alarm. The sensor will retain a proof of the contamination that triggered the alarm. This will avoid the perception of false alarm in case of small, non-continuous leaks.
• 24/7 monitoring. Continuous monitoring based on its novel features and the extremely limited maintenance required.