The ACHIEVE Consortium will bring together their world-leading expertise in the design and manufacturing of electrical machines for aircraft Advanced Generation Systems (AGS), integrated Power Electronics (PE), advanced control systems and intelligent thermal management, to develop an innovative advanced mechatronic device for electrical power management system of Turboprop.
The ACHIEVE Consortium will combine their world-leading expertise in the technical areas of PE, AGS and their control, as well as in modelling and simulation for aerospace applications. The aim of ACHIEVE is to develop an innovative mechatronic system with functions of generating, multi-functional, more efficient, reliable, compact and lighter and hence contributing towards higher performance and more efficient and greener turboprops
The topic of advanced mechatronics devices is to support the CS2 Engine ITD WP3 “Business aviation / Short range reginal Turboprop Demonstrator” programme led by Turbomeca. The WP3 aims to acquisition of technologies for a high performance turboprop engine in the 1800-2000 shp class for business aviation and short range regional applications. This project will deliver a novel advanced mechatronics device which will be integrated to the developed engine. The developed mechatronic device is essentially an electrical starter/generator system with functions including motoring, generating, power transmission, health monitoring and communication.
The concept of ACHIEVE is to design, manufacture and test an innovative and integrated mechatronic device which is capable of performing motoring, generating, power transmission, health monitoring and signal communications. The mechatronic device is essentially made of an electrical machine, an electronic power converter and associate controllers. Moving from the state-of-the-art brushed 28Vdc generator, the system developed within the ACHIEVE will be brushless with higher power density, lower weight and higher TBMO.
Fields of science
- natural sciencesphysical scienceselectromagnetism and electronicselectrical conductivitysemiconductor
- engineering and technologymechanical engineeringmechatronics
- natural sciencesphysical scienceselectromagnetism and electronicssemiconductor device
- natural sciencesmathematicspure mathematicstopology
- engineering and technologymechanical engineeringvehicle engineeringaerospace engineeringaircraft
- engineering and technologyelectrical engineering, electronic engineering, information engineeringelectronic engineeringautomation and control systems
- natural sciencescomputer and information sciencessoftwareapplication softwaresimulation software
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call
Funding SchemeCS2-RIA - Research and Innovation action
OL16 2AU Rochdale