SHOTL (www.shotl.com) is an on-demand collective transport service that re-defines the daily commute. Comprising a fleet of minivans and intelligent routing software, SHOTL will enable millions of people living and working in ‘first-mile’ and ‘last-mile’ areas to reach their daily destinations, offering a convenient and affordable alternative to private cars.
Every day around 60M Europeans commute to work by car, spending 68 B€ annually. This is the primary cause of road congestion, responsible for lost productive time, wasted fuel, air pollution, increased cost of doing business and considerable losses in GDP.
SHOTL will empower existing public transportation networks by delivering: novel routing technology that offers a truly user-centric travel experience, easy-to-use mobile Apps for commuters and drivers and integration with public transit networks for seamless, end-to-end travel.
Our solution is truly unique in the market. Other on-demand mobility services carry only 1-2 people per trip, apply ‘surge pricing’ during peak times and do not effectively reduce congestion. SHOTL will be the only solution that effectively combines collective transport, a first-rate user experience and affordability, eliminating 165K cars from urban roads, saving 300K hours of productive time and avoiding nearly 40K tonnes of CO2 emissions annually across Europe by 2022.
We have completed Alpha tests in a real city environment in Barcelona providing initial validation of our innovation’s technical performance, and our participation in the StartUp4Cities program has demonstrated SHOTL’s market potential.
In Phase 1, we will carry out a feasibility study in order to demonstrate SHOTL Alpha to key stakeholders, improve the product based on real user needs, strengthen our IP protection strategy, define our commercialisation strategy and create a detailed business plan that will ensure rapid expansion into key European markets, eventually extending to North America and beyond.
Fields of science
- natural sciencescomputer and information sciencescomputer securitydata protection
- engineering and technologyenvironmental engineeringair pollution engineering
- natural sciencesearth and related environmental sciencesenvironmental sciencespollution
- engineering and technologyenvironmental engineeringenergy and fuels
- social sciencessocial geographytransportpublic transport
- H2020-EU.3.4. - SOCIETAL CHALLENGES - Smart, Green And Integrated Transport
- H2020-EU.2.1.1. - INDUSTRIAL LEADERSHIP - Leadership in enabling and industrial technologies - Information and Communication Technologies (ICT)
- H2020-EU.2.3.1. - Mainstreaming SME support, especially through a dedicated instrument
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call