The measured Baryon Asymmetry of the Universe (BAU) is a firm evidence for the existence of new physics beyond the Standard Model of particle physics (BSM). Despite of that, the offer of scientific software for the high-energy physics community currently misses dedicated tools devoted to precise baryogenesis computations in BSM models. The aim of the present proposal is to fill this gap, providing the necessary tools in order to bring the theoretical computation of the BAU into a precision era, and employing them to use the BAU as a powerful observable for the characterisation and test of physics BSM. The main deliverable will be a scientific software, MadbaM, able to precisely compute the BAU in as many BSM scenarios as possible.
MadbaM will fit in a propitious and timely framework, since preliminary results from precision neutrino oscillation experiments point towards the existence of a large violation of the matter-antimatter symmetry in the lepton sector, and the available array of high-energy and high-intensity experimental facilities offers an ideal ground to test the BSM hypothesis. The implementation of the proposal will be based on a mutual exchange of expertise between the Researcher and the Host Institution, with the Researcher profiting from the world recognised leadership of the local research group in designing and delivering software for precision computations in high-energy physics, while he will complement the local research skills bringing his own expertise on the theory and phenomenology of BSM models motivated by observations on the BAU and in neutrino physics.
Fields of science
- natural sciencesphysical sciencesastronomyastrophysicsdark matter
- natural sciencesphysical sciencestheoretical physicsparticle physicsparticle accelerator
- natural sciencescomputer and information sciencessoftware
- natural sciencesphysical sciencestheoretical physicsparticle physicsneutrinos
- social sciencessociologyindustrial relationsautomation
- natural sciencesphysical sciencestheoretical physicsparticle physicsleptons
- natural sciencesphysical sciencesastronomyphysical cosmologybig bang
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call