Periodic Reporting for period 2 - ReSiSTant (Large Riblet Surface with Super Hardnesss, Mechanical and Temperature Resistance by Nano Functionalization)
Reporting period: 2019-07-01 to 2020-12-31
• unlock the potential of aircrafts, airline companies and industries to actively contribute to the achievement of the 2030 and 2050 climate change and energy policy objectives, by increasing turbomachinery efficiency and reducing related emissions
• promote the renovation of EU aircraft fleet with more efficient aircraft less wear affected and with a larger lifetime (30 years)
• promote aircraft noise reduction as stated by Regulation (EU) No 598/2014, facilitating aircraft manufacturers to realize high efficiency and less noisy aircraft engines (-8%) without additional silencer and filters instrumentations (Weight and costs)
• contribute to consolidate the leading role of Europe in Aviation MRO and aircraft turbine engine manufacturing, increasing expertise and know-how
• establish market opportunities for new nanotechnologies products and services, thus stimulating companies’ growth and the creation of job opportunities and the replication of nanoriblets also in other sectors (marine, automotive, wind power etc.).