PLATIO outdoor solar and kinetic energy harvesting pavement system is developed by our start-up company, Innovatív
Térburkolatfejlesztő Kft. We are an enthusiastic team of professionals with engineering and sales/marketing background.
With our flagship project PLATIO, an unconventional primarily outdoor energy producing paving system our mission is to
offer a viable solution to harvest and exploit renewable energy in urban environments.
Our project gained serious awareness and managed to involve venture capital from angel investors to create the prototypes
of our pavement system. We are also a mentored project within Design Terminal, a leading technological and startup mentor
program in Hungary.
PLATIO is an unconventional, a primarily outdoor energy producing paving system and an alternate to usual pavements.
Contrary to most of the applied pavements nowadays, PLATIO does not take material (such as stone, gravel, cement and
wood) and energy from nature to build human environment, but uses the normally appearing garbage and energy.
Consequently PLATIO is a paving platform made of recycled plastic. The planned product integrates different types of
environmental friendly technologies such as solar panels to use the solar power and kinetic energy converters to transform
the energy of human steps or any other means of vibration. The units are compact and modularly connect together making
electronic contact without additional wiring by a powerline communication system which connects automatically during the
Combining recycled plastic, solar panels and piezoelectric kinetic energy converters we created the PLATIO technology that
can be used for several scenarios from household (B2C) to B2B solutions, such as smart advertisement providers. Instead
of trying to create the cheapest consumer solution we had learned from the market that
Fields of science
- engineering and technologyelectrical engineering, electronic engineering, information engineeringelectrical engineeringpower engineeringelectric power transmission
- engineering and technologyenvironmental engineeringwaste management
- engineering and technologycivil engineeringurban engineeringsmart city
- engineering and technologymaterials engineeringpaper and wood
- engineering and technologyenvironmental engineeringenergy and fuelsrenewable energysolar energy
- social scienceseconomics and businessbusiness and managementcommerce
- social sciencessocial and economic geographytransportelectric vehicles
- H2020-EU.3.3. - SOCIETAL CHALLENGES - Secure, clean and efficient energy
- H2020-EU.2.1.1. - INDUSTRIAL LEADERSHIP - Leadership in enabling and industrial technologies - Information and Communication Technologies (ICT)
- H2020-EU.2.3.1. - Mainstreaming SME support, especially through a dedicated instrument
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call