Periodic Reporting for period 1 - RELEASE (Nanofiber based drug delivery for surgical therapy of adult and paediatric solid tumours)
Reporting period: 2017-02-01 to 2017-07-31
These products are important for the current cancer treatment standards because they focus on a non-covered period between tumour resection and subsequent chemotherapy and/or radiotherapy, where the technology of Cebiotex can help to reduce or even stop tumoral cells growth. Therefore, the expected impact for the society is a noticeable higher success expectations in the treatment of the target cancer types.
The overall objectives of the project have been:
- Create a thorough business plan for creating a Nano-tech drug delivery company
- Ensure wide European interest for our company & initial solution within the target sectors and Specialist Hospitals
- Fully understand requirements for moving the first product of the company to and through PHASE 1 (Human) medical trials
- Progress in laboratory, preclinical tests and technology performance improvement for the product pipeline
- Contact with several medical experts in the oncology and hospital sector in EU and US to arise interest in the sector and obtain feedback from the relevant actors across EU and US, resulting in the definition of the Scientific Advisory Board of the Company and additional support with Letters of Interest
- Analyse initial and direct feedback from Cebiotex’s potential clients (Pharmaceutical Industry and Venture Capital Firms) by attending to main Pharma events in EU and US.
- Cebiotex business model was studied in order to define the best strategy to follow. This included analysis of the business plan, IPR, commercial approach, market impact and organization of the company to face the challenge