"The concept of ""Smart Biking"" consists on travelling through the city by bike without having to worry about where and how to park the bike safely and correctly.
VadeCity is the company that has designed ""Smart Biking"", a service of parking for bicycles spread all around an urban area to solve the need of safe parking places on destination for bicycles. This project was already funded by the European Commission in Phase 1 as it tackles some of the main European challenges regarding mobility in urban areas: mainly congestion and pollution.
The introduction of the ""Smart Biking"" system will increase the number of users of bicycle and will allow managing and sorting the mobility, for the benefit of citizens, cyclists, administrations, other means of transport, companies from the world of cycling and environment.
Vadecity aims to create shared integrated networks, so that all parties benefit from belonging to a larger network than their own. Moreover, investing in innovation for creating and exploiting shared integrated networks, will result in an easier and faster entry way into other European and Global markets, thus resulting in greater benefits for every stakeholder.
Developing a European Metropolitan Pilot Test will be the first step to consolidate a model than can be replicated worldwide, growing sustainably and consolidating a leading position in the secure bike parking market worldwide. This leading position will not be reached without the investment of the European Commission.
Field of science
- /social sciences/economics and business/business and management/commerce
- /natural sciences/earth and related environmental sciences/environmental sciences/pollution
- /social sciences/social and economic geography/transport
- H2020-EU.3.4. - SOCIETAL CHALLENGES - Smart, Green And Integrated Transport
- H2020-EU.2.1.1. - INDUSTRIAL LEADERSHIP - Leadership in enabling and industrial technologies - Information and Communication Technologies (ICT)
- H2020-EU.2.3.1. - Mainstreaming SME support, especially through a dedicated instrument
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call