Periodic Reporting for period 1 - UNIGEM (Next Generation ‘Unified Guest Engagement System’ for Smart Hospitality Services and Unparalleled Guest Loyalty.)
Reporting period: 2017-06-01 to 2017-11-30
UNIGEM aspires to foster a new paradigm in the travel sector by automating and expanding the operations of local ecosystems in hospitality and tourism, covering mainly independent hotel chains and hotel. UNIGEM will engineer unparalleled guest engagement and loyalty by (1) dynamically matching hotel and destination offerings with individual guests’ distinct and real-time needs, and by (2) co-creating & co-shaping unique individualized guest experiences fueling individualization revolution in the hospitality industry. To this end, UNIGEM will fuse smart technology and a novel, global business ecosystem approach with a dual disruptive effect on local tourism markets and OTA market.
The outcomes of the study include:
• A validation of the UNIGEM business case based on:
1. stakeholders (Hotels, TSPs (Tourism Service Providers), guests/travelers) needs expressed via structures interviews, questionnaires and focus groups conducted by the project team;
2. market analysis, in terms of sector (Hotels, Tour and Activities) and geography
3. competition analysis including identification of direct, indirect and potential competitors; and
4. financial viability, including extensive sensitivity analysis and alternative scenarios validation
• A validation of the UNIGEM technical approach and architecture, taking into consideration the state-of-the-art technology and latest trends,
• A market prioritization plan based on extensive market and competition analysis
• An FTO analysis and an IPR strategy
• A technology and innovation roadmap focused on machine learning and blockchain
• A commercialization and communication plan
Based on the above mentioned outcomes HSTech management team reached a) a decision to proceed with UNIGEM project and to submit a proposal for funding in the context of SME Instrument Phase 2, b) a decision to file a provisional patent for UNIGEM by the end of 2017, c) a decision to establish a distinct legal entity (spin off) for finalizing and commercial introducing UNIGEM to the Market, and finally d) compiled a funding roadmap to support UNIGEM implementation and growth.